Friday, September 18, 2020

September guest designer... Susan!

 

I'm an architect (and Star Wars fan) from Flemington, NJ and married to an amazing, patient husband who encouraged me to share our dining room space with my art supplies in our small circa 1889 Victorian house. We are blessed with two wonderful boys and I love to document our family through scrapbooking, because it provides me a way of getting some satisfaction organizing our photos and memories while simultaneously creating some artwork. I see my work as my personal journal, with images and graphics.

I wanted to feature a vertical photo of the Bunker Hill Monument, so I turned the sketch to accommodate. When i did that, it reminded me of last months single page sketch, with flags flying to the right of the page instead of hanging down. I thought this would be appropriate for a patriotic themed page, documenting a historic National Park we happened to visit days before the 4th of July holiday last summer.

I really wanted to try my new Ranger texture paste from My Little Scrapbook Store. I’ve had this sparkly red fluff in my stash forever and struggled for years to find a successful way to adhere to layouts in more creative ways than just along a line of glue or ATG tape. The stately masonry elevations in the Charlestown section of Boston was all I needed to remember which inspired me to grab my new brick stencil and CTMH masonry paper background that I’ve been hoarding for something special. I like how the brick pattern reminds me of flags flying to the right of the layout, and all the tags in the decade-old Adornit patriotic paper collection supported that flag flying image I had in my mind.

I love that I was able to incorporate such old stash items in my collection with some new items.

Link to my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.