Here's Pennie's second card with the October card sketch.HERE is the process video!
Friday, October 28, 2022
Thursday, October 27, 2022
Monday, October 17, 2022
Today we're sharing our card team!
Sketches for me are the catalyst for creative freedom. Sometimes I will follow the sketch to a "T" but often I will take just one element and create something that doesn't look exactly like the sketch.
month's take is where I took one element (the sentiment band) and
created something totally different. Love how it turned out! Loads of
dimension that can't be seen in a photo. ~Sherry DT
Monday, October 10, 2022
Hello, Crafty Friends! It's single page reveal week here at Stick It Down - here is this month's sketch:
Our featured designer of the month - Brandi Jo created this awesome layout using stencil and texture paste for the background. She replaced the large star with autumnal stickers to make the layout more seasonal:
Sherry documented some family memories with this beautiful mixed media monochromatic layout - she used stenciling and stitching to add texture and dimension:
Jane used the new Simple Stories Simple Vintage October 31 collection to create this striking Halloween layout:
Happy scrapping and Happy Fall Y'all!
Sunday, October 9, 2022
We are looking for new team members!
Our next term will run from January through June 2023. Please do not apply if you cannot commit to this entire time frame.
What you will do:
- provide one project per month, with possible special events during the six month term
- comment on all submissions as you are assigned - please do not apply if you cannot commit to this!
- post our challenge to your blog and other social media outlets
- have projects completed and posted one week before the deadline
- experience with Blogger
- an active blog and/or social media accounts
- a Facebook account as this is where the DT "meets"
- a love for creating with sketches
- organizational and time management skills
- the ability to commit to a six month term
- provide the sketches at least one month in advance
- provide your posting schedule and commenting assignments at the beginning of your term
- share your projects and your blog and/or social media links on the SID blog
- share your projects on our social media outlets
- seek opportunities for collaborations with other teams and brands
- send an email to Ashley at StickItDownChallenges@gmail.com with the subject line "Design Team Call" and the following information:
- Your name and location
- Have you used Blogger?
- Are you interested in making sketches?
- Links to your blogs/social media accounts
- include a list of current commitments (no experience necessary!)
- include three of your favorite layouts that best display your style and suit the requirements of the team you are applying for (ie submit cards if you are applying for the card team)
- introduce yourself in few brief sentences
- If you have experience or are interested in designing sketches, please include a few of your sketch designs as well.
Monday, October 3, 2022
Welcome to October! We are so excited to inspire you with our double page team's layouts today!
Autumn is my favourite season, and I usually take tons of photos. For this harvest layout I used lots of yellows and greens, and a lot of themed papers and embellishments to go with my photos. I mixed and matched different collections, and used lots of diecuts - the leaf banner, the title and some of the embellishment pieces were all cut with my silhouette machine...
Like Antonia, Autumn is my favorite season. I love the cooler days and nights. I like the feeling of going back to school even though I haven't been a student in decades:) For this sketch, I was able to document my daughter's trip to New Hampshire. I started by splattering Dina Wakely's Guilt Gloss and then inking all the edges in CTMH's Toffee ink. CTMH's Crisp Air worked well for this fall event! I cut the title using my Cricut.
Wow! Thanks for all the great inspiration double page team!
We hope you get to play along with our double page sketch this month!
Sunday, October 2, 2022
Saturday, October 1, 2022
Hi Crafty Friends! Are you ready for the October sketch reveals?
This month our featured designers are Bethany, Brandi and Sherry. Be sure to leave them some love for their gorgeous creations.
Here's our double sketch along with Bethany's take on it
Here's the single sketch and Brandi's take on it...
And here's our card sketch and Sherry's take on it...
If you’re new here, or just need a refresher, be sure to stop back during the month for more inspiration. On the 10th we’ll have the rest of the double page team’s layouts; on the 17th we’ll showcase the single page team layouts; on the 24th we’ll share the rest of the card team’s creations.
You have until the end of the month to play along with any - or all! - of the sketches. Just add your creation in the linky in our sidebar. If you share on social media, please use the hashtag #StickItDown. We’ll choose one winner from the entries and they will be invited to guest design for us in December.