Friday, July 20, 2018

July guest designer... Lynne!

Please welcome Lynne as our July card guest designer!

I live in Northern Ireland with my hubby and our Westie, Ruby, and I work full time for a charity in Belfast.  I've always enjoyed making things and used to do a bit of painting and cross-stitching, but I've been card making for about 15 years now.  I sometimes think that my love of card making stems back to my childhood when I loved nothing better than a nice new set of crayons and a colouring book!!  Here's my blog if you'd like to come visit: https://rubydoobydoocrafts.blogspot.com/


I thought this sketch would be harder to put together than it actually was!  I cut out a panel slightly larger than my card base, and used the cut off remnants of each section as a guide to cutting the next one, so there was no faffing about trying to work out angles and whatnot.  Hope that makes sense!! I wasn't too worried about matching up my edges as I then die-cut my panel once I'd all the bits stuck down.  For my sentiment I cut 3 sets of each letter (the top layer is a lovely white glittery card) and then stuck them all together for some dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.