Friday, March 27, 2020

March guest designer... Kitty!


Hi, I’m Kitty, and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I am happy to be guest designing for the March card sketch at Stick it Down!  I began making cards about 15 years ago after a friend invited me to do some stamping. Making cards is a way for me to bring joy to others. If my cards can put a smile on someone’s face, that makes my day! 

My card-making style would be considered “cute” and I especially enjoy animals, nature, and cute characters.  My three cats (Honeydew, Kiwi, and Snowie) provide lots of inspiration as well. I craft on a budget and don’t always have the latest and greatest in crafty products. Happily, I have a supportive hubby who occasionally treats me to new goodies to give me a boost - thank you, Brian!



The March sketch inspired me to make a winter holiday card. I make my Christmas cards all year long as it helps take the pressure off in November/December, especially since I enjoy contributing to holiday card drives.

The adorable gingerbread boy image is from Bugaboo Stamps.  I coloured him with markers, added Star Dust Stickles to his icing, and fussy-cut so I could pop him up on foam tape. The patterned paper is from Crate Paper, and I layered it on green and then red cardstock.  Behind the gingerbread boy, I stamped some flourishes (Inkadinkado).  I stamped a sentiment (Your Next Stamp) on a kraft scrap and adhered.  Lastly I embellished with red and green gems.

Thank you to Ashley at Stick it Down for having me as your Guest Designer!  Wishing everyone a joyful day!

Check out Kitty's blog HERE

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me as your Guest Designer! I had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and a great card maker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking card Kitty and congrats on being the guest designer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.