Friday, March 12, 2021

March guest designer... Laurie!

I'm a Midwest transplant on the East Coast. By day, I review toys, but by night (and every other hour I'm not at work), I'm a blogger and scrapbooker. I've been scrapbooking since high school, but my scrapbooking style has definitely evolved over 20 years. I have a 5-year-old, so I always have a lot of pictures to scrap!


When I saw the triangles in the sketch, I immediately thought of my Altenew corner stencil. So I incorporated some stamping of the triangular stencil with triangle pieces of pattern paper (all Shimelle). I didn't worry too much about being precise with cutting the triangles. I just tried to create sizes that fit together. I think the only triangle size that I kept the same as in the original sketch was the big triangle on the right-hand page. I also kept the photos in the same design and really enjoyed extending one of the horizontal 4x6 photos across the spread.

Laurie has a process video HERE! and you can always find her on Instagram and You Tube

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.