Monday, December 9, 2019

December guest designer... Amanda!



I’m Amandaand I live in Essex in the UK. I'm married with two grown-up children and  I work part-time as a bookkeeper in a small accountancy firm. I've been scrapbooking since 2008 when we went on our first cruise, and now I'm addicted to both.


I really like this month's sketch as it has so many photos in quite a simple style. I'd already printed this set of pictures which has lots of squares but also three 4x6 landscape prints, from a walk we did round Buttermere in the Lake District last spring, and I decided that I could adapt the sketch to suit them. I started with the right side, matting all my square photos in a block with two journaling boxes onto red cardstock. I then chose three different multi-coloured patterned papers from My Mind's Eye for the strips behind them, making them slightly different lengths. 

Turning to the left side of the page, I stacked up my three larger photos next to a narrow strip of the red cardstock. I had no reason for the trees from the sketch, so I switched to triangles as being more generic, but also reminiscent of the mountains in the photos. I cut the title on my Silhouette, layered it over the triangles and embellished the page with a mixture of puffy stickers in bright colours.

Please check out Amanda's blog HERE.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.