Friday, January 18, 2019

January guest designer... Rona!

 
My name is Rona Mallard and I am happy to be a guest designer for the single page sketch this month! I am now a stay at home grandma of two little boys who keep me very busy while momma and daddy work.  I have been scrapbooking and cardmaking for over 20 years and really enjoy staying current with the trends by watching you tube videos and entering challenges. I love to see what others are doing and I love to keep my style changing to keep my books fresh and interesting to look through.  

When I received the sketch the triangles jumped out at me and I knew I wanted to use this Paige Evans cut file tree as my main embellishment.  I made the cut file into a shaker using some spiegel mom scraps sequins (snowy fields). I also used cut files from The Cut Shoppe to create my own stencil. I used metallic silver texture paste mixed with a little acrylic gel medium to make my background trees then sprinkled them with chunky glitter to get a festive look!  I watered down the silver metallic texture paste and some white metallic texture paste for splatters along with lucky clover distress oxide to finish the triangle.  I added 4 layers of cardstock for each of my cutfiles (that way I didn't have to use foam tape!). The title was cut from a Becky Higgins project life card.

Follow Rona on Instagram @scraprona


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO, love what you did with the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and what a great page, love how you created the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout, so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.