Friday, August 17, 2018

August guest designer... Lisa-Marie!


I live in the beautiful, green and leafy wineland suburb of Durbanville, which is in the Western Cape, South Africa.  I share my home with my beloved 8 year old, Isabella,, and my life partner, Andre (aka Wolfie), two dogs and two cats.  I have always loved doing anything crafty from a very young age; and it was about 11 years ago when a friend introduced me to scrapbooking - and it kinda stuck!  I have NOT looked back and I can say with all honesty, that scrapping is my therapy, an outlet and undoubtedly a passion of mine.  I love taking photographs too - so to be able to combine two art forms that I love so much is nothing short of amazing!  I'm fortunate enough to not work, so you will find me in my art room every single day!  I'm also very blessed, humbled and honoured to serve on 5 design teams - CSI: Color Stories Inspiration, Off The Rails Scrapbooking, Mix It Up Challenge Blog, The Studio Design Team and Fabscraps (which is a proudly South African scrapbooking company!).

I really enjoyed working with this sketch!  In lieu of using 3 photographs, I used one of my favourites and then added, in my layering, three chipboard frames.  To add a bit of interest, I added these frames at varying angles.  I used smaller corner elements so that the eye is drawn to the photographs / subject.

You can connect with Lisa-Marie on her blog, Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.