Friday, July 6, 2018

July guest designer... Anne-Liesse!

Please welcome Anne-Liesse as our double page guest designer!

My name is Anne-Liesse, and I had a great time guest designing this two-page spread for May. I live in North Carolina, and have done so for the last 13 years. I am a teacher, wife and mother and I have been scrapbooking for more than 18 years. I rubber stamped cards and made hand crafted mini books before that. I love the color and the visual texture of scrapbooking. It just makes me happy to make pretty pages with pretty paper and tell stories along with it.

 How about some Christmas in July?!? When I saw this sketch I knew immediately that I wanted to use some photos I had from Christmas time to make the layout. I find that holidays and birthdays often yield a lot of photos, but the story may be hard to tell each year since we do it EACH YEAR.



This sketch was perfect to feature a bunch of photos - 15!! - and let those images tell the story. I did make the photos on the title side a bit bigger than those on the right page.  The giant title and a few embellishments were all that was needed to complete the layout.

I used the We Are Memory Keepers mini alphabet punch board for the title, and added some hand stitching. My papers were from Pebbles and Paper Studio, and the red burlap was from a Mix and Match paper pad from Canvas Corp that I snatched up from Tuesday Morning. I hope you enjoy this layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.